Sunday, October 12, 2008

Presenting... my brother's afghan! (FINALLY)

I've now finished my brother's afghan. I'm so proud! It is HUGE! Probably the biggest one I've ever made. I made it using Red Heart Super Saver yarn in Soft Navy, Gold and Soft White in honor of Pitt's school colors (my brother's college alma mater). It was made to look like "pinwheels" (see the white and blue pinwheels? Kinda looks like an optical illusion). It was super easy to make, 9" squares of three colors, made with half double crochet stitches. The squares were all made the same, and I just turned them as I went to make the "pinwheel" shape.

Full afghan (Chris had to hold it up for me because it is too big for me to hold). As you can see, Chris, as tall as he is, cannot see over the top of the afghan, and it is almost to the floor as he is holding it!





A more "artsy" pic of the blanket:




The blanket folded, closeup of the boarder and one square.


No comments: