Thursday, October 16, 2008

A few scarves...

After finishing the very large afghan, I wanted to make some quick projects before really getting into Chris' blanket (which will be another large project).

I had sonme yummy yarn that I've been dying to use, so here are two scarves I made that used up all that yarn.

The first one was made with two balls of Plymouth Yarn's #9 Royal Bamboo. As you can see, it made up beautifully and is quite perfect for fall! The scarf is quite long, so I can probably wear it "scooped" around my neck. The yarn is VERY soft, and the weave is quite dainty, enough so that I could wear it IN the office at work when it gets a little colder.





Details:




The next scarf I made out of yarn by Filatura Di Crosa. Since the company website isn't in English, I'm linking to Yarnmarket to show the type of yarn, Dusk, in #4 Tropical Paradise. I love how this yarn self-striped. It also has some "shimmer" to it. So yummy!





Detail:


No comments: