Saturday, February 20, 2010

Caps I forgot about

Here are some caps I made in the last few months, but forgot about and just now got around to photographing.

This cap started out as one for a guy, but I thought it looked too feminine and decided to keep it for myself :) The edging of the cap was my first try at the "crab stitch" aka "reverse single crochet". I think it makes a really nice edging... kind of a rolled look if you will.




USA! USA! USA!
This cap I made for myself, and then Chris saw it and liked it, so I made him a matching one :) Tess models mine first, and then I have it on. Chris' is made from the same yarn, but is larger than mine. On both, I put a really floppy pom-pom. I refer to these caps as our "patriotic hats". Chris calls them his "Buffalo Bills cap" :)








Chris' standard beanie




So, after I made the "standard" beanie for Chris, he wanted to see if I could modify the pattern to make it so that the cap was longer in the back and shorter in the front. The "mullet", if you will, of caps. I guess a more flattering way of saying it would be that it is a "helmet" style :) I made a standard cap until he was happy with the length of it in the front, and then I started adding on to the back only, starting just before the ears so that his ears/neck would be covered, but he wouldn't have to flip up the front of the hat to see.




No comments: