Sunday, January 10, 2010

Meet Tess + New Projects

Meet Tess! Tess was a Christmas present from Chris... just what I asked for! I'm such a lucky girl :) Tess will be my model for hats, earrings and scarves... maybe some other stuff too if I make something else new. Her name pays homage to the name that Mrka had when I adopted her. "Tess" is the name that the rescue group gave Mrka, but since she was a stray and didn't respond to that name, I changed it. But, I think it is a great name for my new model!





I got a new winter coat this year, and obviously it needed new accessories to go with it! I decided to make some felted hats...

Here are the brown and white hats, prior to felting.





Here they are on me for perspective... huge, right?





Buttons and baubles prior to felting... I wasn't sure what I was going to want to put on the hats, so I made both!




Tess, modeling the hats, felting and button/bauble adding complete!





After wearing the coat for the first time, I noticed that my makeup was getting on the collar. So, I decided to make a cowl to "protect" the coat. Of course, with the cowl, I needed a matching hat, right? :) So, I made a cloche and added a cute flower to the side.




Close-up of the hat and flower




Close-up of the cowl




Here are some hats I made for my brother's friend's daughter in PA... one of the cutest toddlers ever!

Pink hat with large flower




Close-up of the flower




Double-tassle shell hat


No comments: