Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Extreme KNITTING

Yes, this is a crochet blog. And KroshayKel doesn't knit. Well, technically, I did once. I took a class at Joann's and made a purse and found knitting to be frustrating (I think because I've been crocheting for so long). Anyway, that doesn't mean that I can't appreciate the art.

I came across this video on YouTube... this is of a woman, Rachel John. She shows how she preps and then knits with 1,000 strands of yarn at once! She uses what looks to be stripped, pointed and varnished logs as her "needles". It is simply amazing.

Even if you are not a yarn crafter or a fan of fiber arts, you probably can appreciate the mechanics/engineering/preparation involved in this whole setup. Simply amazing to me.



2 comments:

Summerset said...

wtf times 100

Unknown said...

Actually, I have seen this woman a couple of times at different shows now and it's actually kinda cool. I have one of her big crochet hooks and I will tell you that it uses up a lot of yarn fast. Most of her stuff isn't quite as large as that was and it's good for either very heavy blankets or like mats and rugs and stuff....