Saturday, April 11, 2009

A tisket, a tasket...

...I made EASTER BASKETS!

These were made by request from my co-worker, C. She wanted one for her daughter and one for her husband who went to Kentucky University.

Here is the one for her daughter:





The basket is my own design. I took a hat pattern that I have as a start to the basket, but then morphed it drastically. The handle is a four-part braid that is then twisted over itself to make it stronger. At the fasten points to the basket, I made some flowers to cover the stitched spaces. The handle, basket and attached flowers have all been felted. I then also needle felted a few additional flowers on the side to make the basket extra fancy :) I filled the baskets with yarn for the photographs.

Side view:




Aerial view:




Here, I'm holding the basket for sizing perspective:




Close-up of needle felted flower:




This is the basket for my friend's husband in Kansas University colors:




Side view:




Aerial view:




Me, holding the basket again for sizing perspective. This basket turned out to be a bit smaller than the other.


No comments: