Sunday, March 8, 2009

First Needle Felt Embellishment!

Terry, you're going to be so proud! :)

When Joann's had their Sensations PacaBoo yarn on sale, I picked up two skeins in light gray. This is a natural yarn, made of 54% Wool, 23% Alpaca and 23% Rayon from Bamboo. Super soft! The packaging said it was perfect for felting, so I figured I'd try that.

I made my standard hat. Here it is before I felted it in the washing machine (btw, this was my first project that I felted in our new FRONT LOADER washing machine... worked great :) The green yarn is to mark this as the outside of the hat, just in case it were to have flipped around while in the washer.





Here is the hat, after felting with a little bit of needle felting embellishment (my first try). I just looked at the picture with me, and I really look goofy. I'm trying in this picture to not look like I'm sick (which I am, with bronchitis)... ha!







Close-up of the needle felting embellishment:


1 comment:

Summerset said...

Kelly,

This looks great! I told you it was easy! A little extra embellishment really adds a lot of interest.