Friday, November 21, 2008

Aaahhhh...Waikiki

This is my latest scarf I finished last weekend. The yarn is a fine Italian brand that I found in Tuesday Morning of all places! The maker of the yarn is Laines Du Nord and the line is called Cashsilk, a 50% Merino extrafine unshrinkable wool, 25% silk and 25% cashmere (Color/Lot 656/597). It is sooo soft and yummy. I wasn't able to find their company site. The best I could do is on SkeinsScene.com where they call it "pink". I really got a bargain on the yarn... I only paid $3 per ball!

I found some really great patterns on the Naturally Caron site, and this scarf I used the Wikiki pattern.

I love this scarf! The pattern is suppposed to be small "pineapple" stitches, which they call "strawberries". I think my favorite thing about it is the fringe... just loops of chains. I think this is a great take on the idea of fringe. I'll have to use it on other projects!

Full Scarf (I just had my hair "did" :)




Close-up of one of the "strawberries". If you see up towards the top, there are the "leaves" and then the points that come down from there to form the strawberry.


No comments: