Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Super-quick Baby Afghan for Our Nephew!

So, I've been working on another baby afghan for our new nephew, but I have to re-work part of it and I knew I wasn't going to finish it in time to give it to him for his Christening this past weekend. So, I searched for a different baby afghan that would work up quickly. Fortunately, I had the gift of time in the form of our drive from Orlando, FL to Raleigh, NC.

I found this pattern for "Little Victory" baby blanket on Lion Brand's website (it is free to sign up and become a member where you then have access to loads of free patterns!). The "V" stitch worked up so quickly! I was able to finish the blanket with time to spare to make a hat to match... (although I put the final stitches in the hat in the parking lot of the restaurant that we went to following the Christening service at the church ;)

What was great about this pattern is that it is a smaller blanket, perfect for car seats and/or strollers!

Anyway, here is the blanket and hat (honest, the blanket really IS rectangular and NOT uneven, but I guess I didn't do a good job of laying it out!):




Here is a close-up of the detail and edging of the blanket:




Here is a close-up of the hat:




Here is Saki wearing the hat (it is a little big for him now, but he'll grow into it!):




The yarn I used is Phentex Fashion Six in 905 4/06.

No comments: